Sunday, September 9, 2012

The big project

I haven't posted in a long time... I changed jobs in real life and took up a crochet project that had me blocked, so I didn't take up my hook for quite a while except for the occasional little baby item. Finally around last Christmas I decided that I had to finish the project by making a different pattern than originally intended. This is a double-bed sized afghan/bedspread intended as a wedding (now anniversary) gift, made to the pattern for the "Moorish Mosaic" afghan in Interweave Crochet's Fall 2009 issue. The colorway is different and there are a whole lot more motifs to make up the size (60"x80"). The yarn is Vanna's Choice, a good selection for something that needs to be washable yet soft. Photographed on a king size bed, so it looks smaller than it is. No two motifs are exactly the same. I greatly enjoyed making this and am happy with the result.

1 comment:

  1. This is really stunning... very inspiring. (I guess that I'm a little biased in the choice of pattern but still...) I remember watching you work on parts of it and seeing the finished product like this is really awesome.