Thursday, October 15, 2009

Time passes...

and various Xmas/birthday/baby/charity projects happen for a couple years without much documentary evidence. If I find any, I'll post about them.

Right now I just completed a pullover for the current Afghans For Afghans youth campaign. The pattern is Coats & Clark's "Wiggles Sweater", made with Paton's Classic (purple) and Jojoland (sky blue) wool that I had around. I made it a bit longer and added more to the neckline and cuff to give better coverage. I wasn't able to tackle one of my friend's five children who are a great resource to help me size things, but that seemed right. It worked up quickly, which is good when in a rush like this, but next time I will probably do something more interesting. It will go in the mail to SFO tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is pretty darn interesting! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the kind comments! I didn't mean to sound like I was bored :). This is a quick pattern to work up. The problem with "interesting" is that it generally takes longer, and the hard part is figuring out what you are going to do :).

    ReplyDelete